Friday, February 17, 2012

10 things...

So I was roaming around one of my favorite blogs last night: The Pioneer Woman

I go there because I enjoy her recipes and she tells some entertaining stories. Part of her site is dedicated to her basset hound Charlie. Last night I found her post about the 10 important things she loves about her dog. It was a droll and sweet read.

It made me think about some of the things that I love about my dogs that will have a non-pet or non-dog person raise their eyebrows and shake their head.

Ree talks about her dog's smell... I can so totally identify with that. I know my dog's scents and I like their doggy smell. Crazy...to most people probably...but I think to many dog owners a pretty normal thing :)

We are just odd in some ways. Many of us meet even for the first time and the discussion will sooner or later turn to dog food and what everyone is feeding and why, and how good is said food.

Poop is another thing...we watch what comes out the back end just as much as we pay attention to what goes in the front. We analyze what we see visually for color and consistency to ensure that our dogs digestion is on the right track. Not only that, but we feel it is perfectly okay as a topic to discuss in polite company. Gross...probably...but one of the things we do as pet owners to monitor the animal's health.

Often times just the way we talk about our dogs makes normal people look at us a bit funny...even worse when some of them see us talking to our dogs.

That's okay though...I am proud of my crazy. I am even prouder of my dogs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment