Friday, May 2, 2014

...and now for something completely different!

I am not sure I have mentioned it before, but the dog that really turned me into the nutty dog person I am today was my English Cocker Spaniel Darth. It is something like 20 years ago that he came into my life. He was one of the most amazing dogs I have ever known and when I lost him to liver disease it broke my heart. I was not ready for another English Cocker back then...but I think maybe someday in the future there is going to be another English Cocker for me.

When I learned that the English Cocker Nationals were right here in WI this year I decided that if I had the time I would stop in and see some Spaniels.

Today was the last day of Nationals...and I managed to catch the very tail end of the show.

I got to meet some very nice dogs and their owners and handlers. I talked to a lady that did these lovely digital portraits and paints murals for a living. You can see some of her work here.

I took a couple of pictures...apologies for the poor lighting, but I could not use flash so that I did not distract the dogs and their handlers. I hope you get the idea anyway.


Sitting in the ring waiting to be judged...

This guys name was Coyboy...he was very handsome!

Waiting to go in the ring...

In the ring...

Getting ready to go home after several days showing...

I came across this dude waiting the the parking lot :)

No comments:

Post a Comment