Thursday, April 26, 2012

What is in a name...

If most of you good folk are like us then your pets have names and nicknames...

In our case here they each even have several nicknames, not only that, but the all know their names and their nicknames.

Watson goes by a couple of aliases around the house. He was labeled big brother when we brought home Menchi and "Brother" has stuck as a nickname. I often call him that and he responds to it. The most generic nickname he has is probably "Buddy" because he is my buddy.

He also goes by "Babyboy"...the label that is used when he comes for cuddles...and the less flattering "Snark", which is applied in moments when he has decided to be true to his Basenji rebel nature. I also often refer to him as my "Barnacle" or "Barnacle Dog" because he sticks to me like one :)

Menchi is of course "Babygirl"... To many of our friends she is the "Sock Puppet" or "Hippopotimus Puppy". My most often used names with her are "Squishy", "Chi Chi", and the ever popular "Chunky Monkey". The last three she listens to just as well as her name...

The most odd nickname in the house goes to Autumn the cat...we call her "Banana" and she will come to that when called. She also listens to the shorter "Nanners". To our friends she is known as the "Ghost Kitty", mostly because they know she exists, but many of them have never seen her. She is pretty shy.

To me all these various names are all little facets of my guys...little pieces of their wonderful personalities expressed and shared as best I can with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment